Holding the Sun

Holding the Sun

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A late night verse.

After lying awake for what had seemed an eternity, I finally got up to start writing, not knowing what to write about.

I wrote a poem.

in the sleepless night
one simply lies awake
alas they lose this fight
for of this time, something to make

to sit without a sound
to lie without moving
by silence one is bound
but the mind is ever running

the silence s deafening
lost in this dark room
these thoughts shattering
but for the comfort of a womb

though the black is at a pitch
hardly the darkest hour
and for a friend one would wish
meanwhile the rain doth pour

through a country window
to see only the dark
lonely like the widow
to remember that park

to sit without a sound
to lie without moving
by silence two were bound
but their minds ever running

9 comments:

  1. This is well written. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

    Is that picture actually of your hand? It looks remarkably like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I had a lot on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, that is not my hand. :)
    This poem actually has a fair bit of hidden meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, as did I.

    Good. I was highly suspicious. :)
    Hidden meanings. One of my things.
    Analogized hidden meaning? First letter hidden meaning? Underlying wording hidden meaning? Am I getting remotely close here?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like if given the context, this poem would mean a lot more. That kind. :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah. I don't think I like it now.

      Delete
    3. It most likely doesn't mean what you think it means. Don't freak out on me.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. I don't like questionable context for lots of reasons. Sorry bout that. (I miss you)
    (Happy New Year)
    (Bye:)

    ReplyDelete